Town Clerk Forms:

Town Clerk: Andrea Casey 



​(Term Dec. 31, 2023)

Deputy Town Clerk: Emily Cole


Monday to Thursday 9:30AM-4:00PM

Saturday (January - March 30) 9:00am to 12:00 noon 

The Town Clerk’s Office issues:

  • Hunting & Fishing licenses (DEC & Tymor Fishing)
  • Recycling Center Permits and Trash Cards
  • Dog licenses
  • Marriage licenses (see information below)
  • Registrar of Vital Statistics 
  • Parking Permits for Persons with Disabilities (Temp and Permanent)

For your convenience, I am a Notary Public and offer this service free of charge.


A couple who intends to be married in New York State must apply in person for a Marriage License to any Town or City Clerk in the State. The Marriage can take place anywhere within New York State. Your marriage license is not valid outside of New York State. The application for a license must be signed by both of the applicants in the presence of the Town or City clerk. No premarital examination or blood test is required to obtain a Marriage License in New York State. There is a 24 hour waiting period during which the ceremony cannot take place. When both of the applicants are over the age of 16, the 24-hour waiting period may be waived by an order of a Justice of the Supreme Court or a Judge of the County Court of the County in which either party resides. If either person is under the age of 16, the order must be from the Family Court judge of the County in which the person under 16 years of age resides. A marriage license is valid for 60 days, beginning the day after it is issued. The expiration date for active duty members of the Armed Forces can be extended to 180 days. There is a fee of $40.00. Cash, check or credit card is accepted. Appointments may be made with the Clerk to apply for a Marriage License after normal business hours.

Required Identification
An original birth certificate, baptismal certificate or a certified copy or transcript with a raised or colored seal is required. It must also be professionally translated if it is not in English. A second form of identification may include any of the following:
•Driver’s License
•Employment or picture ID
•Immigration record

Previous Marriages
Both of the applicants are required to show proof of any previous divorces. The divorce paperwork must be an original or certified copy and contain the “Judgment of Divorce” section. A certified copy of the death certificate is required when a former spouse is deceased.

Age of Consent
If either applicant is under 14 years of age, a marriage license cannot be issued. If either applicant is 14 or 15 years of age, such applicant(s) must present the written consent of both parents and a justice of the Supreme Court or a judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction over the town or city in which the application is made. If either applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, such applicant(s) must present the written consent of both parents. If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consents are required.

One parent alone may consent to a minor's marriage if: the other parent has been missing for one year preceding the application; the parents are divorced and the consenting parent was given sole custody of the child when the divorce decree was awarded; the other parent has been judged incompetent; or the other parent is deceased.

Parents, guardians or other people consenting to the marriage of a minor must personally appear and acknowledge or execute their consent before the town or city clerk or some other authorized official. If the notarized affidavit is made before an official outside of the State of New York, it must be accompanied by a certificate of authentication when the consent is filed in New York State.

For more information:

Helpful Links: